Custom kitchen cabinets set the tone for the room, and choosing the right color can impact the look and feel of your kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a classic or modern style, there are plenty of options to choose from that can bring out the best in your home with kitchen cabinet colors. With a few simple design tips and careful consideration, you can create a beautiful and inviting kitchen space with the perfect cabinet color.
Trending Kitchen Cabinet Colors
White custom kitchen cabinets can inject brightness and serenity into any kitchen. The classic white cabinets are versatile and can blend with any kitchen style, from a modern-contemporary to a rustic farmhouse look. They can make the kitchen look more spacious and create a calm, clean atmosphere where you can cook and relax in peace.
Navy blue can provide a perfect balance between traditional and contemporary styles. It can pair beautifully with white or light-colored countertops. It’s also a neutral color, which means it goes well with a variety of hardware or wall colors.
This warm, earthy green shade can give your kitchen an inviting and cozy feel. It can be ideal for country-style kitchens and modern farmhouse kitchens. It can pair well with stainless steel appliances and light-colored walls.
Black can suit various kitchen styles, from minimalist to luxurious. It may work best in spacious kitchens with natural light, as it can make a small kitchen appear smaller. Black kitchen cabinets pair well with light marble countertops and brushed gold or black hardware, creating an on-trend, modern allure.
Beige kitchen cabinets can add a warm, inviting feel to the kitchen, making it look welcoming and cozy. Beige cabinets pair well with almost any other color. This can allow homeowners to add bright colors throughout the kitchen easily.
Grayish Green Cabinets
The grayish-green color palette can give off a more calming and relaxing vibe, perfect for preparing meals in a stress-free environment. With the right color scheme, these cabinets can add color and depth to a kitchen. This can happen while improving the overall ambiance.
Natural Wood Cabinets
If you’re looking to bring in nature and create an organic look, natural wood is the way to go. This style can also be used in farmhouses and rustic-style decor. Using natural wood cabinets in the kitchen can add warmth and texture, bringing a touch of rural charm to your home.
Tri-tone cabinets can add a pop of color and variety to your kitchen design with three different finishes on the cabinet doors. The perfect material for this would be wood, which can be stained with different tones to create an attractive blend. You can use a neutral color like white or beige along with a bold splash of color. You can also be bold and daring with three bright colors that harmonize well.
Selecting the Perfect Color for Your Kitchen Cabinets
Consider the Style of Your Kitchen
Warm colors such as beige or cream would work best if you have a traditional kitchen. For a modern or contemporary kitchen, opt for bold and bright colors. colors like red or turquoise would be an excellent choice. Your cabinets’ color should complement your kitchen’s overall design and style.
Here are some examples of cabinet colors that work well with different kitchen styles:
- Traditional: If you have a traditional kitchen, you may want to consider cabinet colors like white, cream, or beige. These colors are timeless and classic, and they work well with traditional design elements like crown molding, glass-front cabinets, and ornate hardware.
- Modern: For a modern kitchen, you may want to consider a darker cabinet color like black, navy, or dark gray. These colors work well with clean lines, minimalist design elements, and sleek hardware.
- Farmhouse: If you have a farmhouse-style kitchen, you may want to consider a cabinet color like light blue, sage green, or off-white. These colors work well with rustic design elements like open shelving, shiplap walls, and farmhouse sinks.
- Mediterranean: For a Mediterranean-style kitchen, you may want to consider a cabinet color like warm yellow, deep red, or rich brown. These colors work well with terra cotta tiles, wrought iron accents, and other Mediterranean design elements.
- Coastal: If you have a coastal-style kitchen, you may want to consider a cabinet color like light blue, seafoam green, or sandy beige. These colors work well with nautical design elements like ship lap walls, driftwood accents, and sea-inspired decor.
By considering your kitchen style when selecting a cabinet color, you can ensure that your cabinets will complement the rest of the space and create the look and feel that you’re going for.
Think About the Mood You Want To Create
If you want a calm and relaxing atmosphere, go for cool colors such as shades of grey or blue. Choosing bright and bold colors like yellow and orange can be ideal if you prefer a vibrant and energetic feeling.
Test Various Color Samples
The color you choose may appear different under various lighting conditions. Take your time to try out different colors and see how they look during different times of the day. You don’t want to commit to a color then realize it’s not what you wanted.
Consider the Size of Your Kitchen
Choosing light colors like white or cream for a small kitchen can make the space appear brighter and more spacious. For a larger kitchen, bold colors like navy or dark green can make the room more cozy and inviting. Think about the size of your kitchen and how the color you choose can affect the space.
Get Custom Kitchen Cabinets
With the right color palette, your kitchen can be transformed into a visually appealing space for hosting dinner parties or whipping up memorable meals. An interior designer or color specialist can provide expert advice. They can also help you select the best color for your custom kitchen cabinets.